1. Apply POREfessional to clean moisturized skin with your fingers or a sponge. A little goes along way.
Benefit Professionals POREFessional Face Primer
2. With a foundation brush or sponge apply Mat Velvet foundation to your face. Be careful not to use too much because Mat Velvet covers well.
Make Up Forever Mat Velvet Foundation
3. Apply Blackout Mascara to Eyelashes first. Blackout can easily get on the skin around your eyes so it is better to use it when it is easy to clean up mistakes.
Dior Show Blackout Waterproof Mascara
3. Apply eye primer to your entire eyelid and area above your eyes to your eyebrows.
Urban Decay Original Eye Shadow Primer
4. With a fluffy eyeshadow brush apply WOS all over your eyelid and underneath your eyebrows. With a small eyeshadow brush apply Venus in the corner of your eye and just underneath the brow for a little glimmer. Apply Naked 2 to your eyelid. With a blending eye shadow brush for your crease, apply Faint to the crease of your eye. Use your fluffy eyebrow brush to blend your eyeshadow from your crease to your brow.
5. Use Lancome Artliner in Noir to line your lash line. At the end of your eye give a slight flick for a subtle cat eye.
Lancome Artliner: Precision point Eyeliner
6. Use Benefit Fibre Gel to fill in your brows and make them stand out.
Benefit: Gimme Brow Volumizing Fibre Gel
7. Apply with a concealer brush, Make Up For Ever full cover concealer underneath your eyes, around your nose, and anywhere you have blemishes. Dab and pat the concealer in until it blends into your skin. Don’t rub it in it won’t cover as well.
Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer
8. Using the sponge provided or a fluffy powder brush apply powder all over your face to give additional light coverage and set your makeup. You can use a translucent powder if you choose and you don’t need or dislike the extra coverage.
Clinique Almost Powder SPF 15
9. Using a contouring brush and a mat darker contouring colour that is the correct colour for your skin ( Hoola is good for light pale skin colours), contour your face gently blending Hoola under your cheek bones and at each side of your jaw and hairline. Blend well.
Benefit Hoola Mat Bronzer
10. Apply blush with a blush brush only to the apples of your cheeks. Because you have contoured you don’t want the blush to be too wild.
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush
11. With the same kind of brush you used to put in the darker contouring , use the contouring brush to highlight your brow, the tops of your cheeks, your nose in a straight line, your Cupid’s bow, and inbetween where you contoured at your cheek bones and jaw. This highlighter is beautiful and reflective and will give sparkle to your face.
Two Faced Candle Light Glow Highlighting Powder
12. If you find that the Highlighter is too shiney, you have oily skin, or want to set all the other makeup you’ve put on you can use a translucent powder like this one. It is not a must.
Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder
13. Finish with a lipstick that gives your lips a slight pinky/peach color. If you want to go with a bolder color be my guest. Just make sure your lipstick and blush are in the same colour family.
NARS Lipstick in Metallic Peachy Rose
14. For how to do your hair like mine please see this tutorial by Kate from The Small Things Blog here and here. Her’s looks a bit nicer and has better pictures. I used a ProBaby bliss to curl my hair which is easier for me then a curling rod to use. It essentially sucks in a section of hair you have combed out. When it beeps you can let go of your hair for a softer curl or hold it longer for more bouncier curls.
©Mandibelle16. All Rights Reserved.