So, a couple of days ago I received my SpringLuxebox. I haven’t been overly pleased with them. When you receive four a year, it’s important that each one is full of stuff you can use, yourself. I’ve had too many products that don’t suit my skin-tone. Also, products a few products that were repeats.
This never used to be the case with Luxebox, so I’ve cancelled. I’m going to try Ipsybag for a while, starting in April. Also, from the research I did, it’s rated better than many other monthly or seasonal boxes.
Anyways, here’s what I received for Luxebox Spring 2018:
1. China Glaze Nail Lacquer with Hardeners – Worth $14.00/14 mL – Color is Orangy-Brown with Shimmer — I gave this to my Mom, it suits her Autumn skin-tone well.
2. LARITZY Cosmetics Eye Pencil (Laritzy.com) – Worth $18.00/1g (pencil) – White Shimmer — It’s a hard pencil, but a pretty color for tight lining on your bottom lid, and the corner of your eye, if you can soften it enough. So far, not much luck.
3. The Beauty Crop: GRLPWR Liquid Lipstick (@thebeautycrop) — Worth $10.00/14 mL – Deep Burgundy Red — This color was also quite brown. The photo is misleading. I gave it to a girl my Mom works with; it suits her skin-tone much better.
4. MANNAKADAR Beauty: Lash Extending Primer – $24.00/8g – White like most lash primers.
I’ve never found one I like, but I will give this a try as the formula includes proteins to strengthen hair follicles and moisturize your lashes. Sounds good to me 🙂
5. Voesh New York: Pedicure in a Box — Green Tea Pedicure – 3 pouches in a box — I’ve never tried this, but I’m excited too. One great item at least!
6. Professional Sebastian Shaper Plus Extra Hold Hairspray — 1.5 oz for Travel size.
The full-size is about $20.00 CAN at the Drugstore. I’ve tried it before and I like it a lot. The price is right, a full-sized spray bottle lasts a long time, and it’s hairspray you can brush out at night or if you’ve over sprayed. Two good items 🙂
7. Delectable Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream: Sweet Mint Cream — With Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Ana Aloe Vera – $6.00/6 mL
Again, not a bad item unless coconut isn’t your favorite scent. I’m not a huge fan. Nevertheless, hand cream is useful, and a great gift, as this is a full-sized product. It works fantastic too. My complaint is that I’ve received this almost exact same product in four different boxes.
Happy almost Christmas everyone! Only ten days to go. I hope you will enjoy the holidays with friends and family. Today’s beauty post is showing you what I received in my latest Winter 2017/2018 Luxebox beauty box.
For those of you who don’t know, Luxebox is a Canadian Beauty Box subscription that I believe is available to the U.S. and possibly other countries. You can check out their website HERE if you’re interested in signing up! It’s a quarterly subscription which I prefer to monthly ones both cost wise an because having a monthly subscription means that’s a lot of products that don’t always suit a person or someone they know.
My entire Luxebox. There packaging has become sleek and less wasteful over time so I like receiving my beauty items in this box much better than their previous bags or thicker boxes.
Barefoot Venus: Mega-Moisture Intensive Hand Repair, Planet Derived with Shea and Mango Butter, Olive and Soybean Oil; in Lilly Pilly
– I love receiving excellent hand creams a great deal. Even if it’s not my favorite, I know someone else will like it. I have so far enjoyed this hand cream A it’s thick and moisturizers well. I also like the scent which isn’t too strong but smells delightful. It’s also a product made in Canada.
Laritzy Cosmetics SiliconeMakeup Blender
– I’m undecided about this product. They say it’s easy to clean but I’m unsure what would keep it clean and get rid of any bacteria, and not damage the Blender. I guess if I’m going to blend my makeup I much prefer makeup brushes or the new curved sponge beauty blenders when I want lighter coverage. I’ll give this a try today though and if I love it, it may be in one of my beauty hauls.
Hollywood California: GlamGlow – Youth mud Tingle Exfoliant Treatment
– This is not bad. I always love a good exfoliater and I love the tingling sensation, but I’ve tried their masks and facial products before and sometimes find that since they’re mud based they can dry your skin out in Winter. However, their products are great for summer, breakouts, or for those with oily skin.
Peppermint Bliss Bath Bomb – Sweetie Products Inc.
– I love the scent of peppermint and bath bombs are so nice to use when relaxing and taking a bath. I haven’t used this yet but I’m looking forward to using it in the near future.
Medusa’s Makeup: Cruelty Free Lipstick in shade: Sugar Daddy
– I like nude lipsticks but found this color better for someone with more yellow undertones as opposed to pink/blue undertones. It’s too brown for me but if I mix it with some pink lipstick the color might be okay. However, the lipstick is Smooth, moisturizing, and nice feeling on your lips. It’s just not a shade that is the right nude shade for everyone.
Cougar Eyeshadow Contour Set by Paula Dunne: 6 Shades of Nude
I love this eyeshadow palette a great deal. Most of the colors work great as shimmery nudes and those that are not quite my color can be blended with others colors. A beautiful palette especially in the light. I’m not sure about the color payoff but most eyeshadows work much better with primer, foundation, or concealer underneath to set and hold the color.
Morgan Taylor: Professional Nail Lacquer in Fit for a Queen (Red)
– I love this product most of all it is the absolute perfect Christmas red and I have tried the brand before and been pleased with their nail polish. It’s so difficult finding ones right shade or red be it nail polish or lipstick but for me, this shade of red is perfect and I love the shimmer. I think many other women could pull of this shade or red too. The polish lasts a good week if you put a layer of your top coat overtop your manicure mid-week
Time again for my Luxebox Beauty Box. It’s a beauty subscription that arrives seasonally. Lately, I find since the boxes have changed appearance most of the items are less big name brands. Many items are more cruelty free,vegan based, or free of certain ingredients.
Welcome to another Beauty Haul. Excuse the lateness of this spring one as is almost summer, but I have some great products for the Summer Haul ready as well. For now, enjoy the products I have tried and am still using from the Spring season.
It has truthfully been a while since I have purchased MAC cosmetics, since my last post on them years ago, trying their foundations that didn’t seem to work for me. Nevertheless, I have always loved their eyeshadows and blushes and found MAC’s pigmentation to be excellent in all their makeup products. Since mid-winter I have been looking for a bubble gum pink shade but with cool undertones, not warm ones and it has been difficult if not impossible to find a blush in this shade that wasn’t too expensive, or so inexpensive the pigment and quality wasn’t nice. Now that it is summer, I do see shades similar to MAC one I purchased available in several brands but the MAC powder blush is wonderful, it feels nice, and I love the satin finish. MAC has a huge variety of shades to choose from and their products are actually on the more inexpensive side of more expensive makeups. I ordered off the Canadian MAC cosmetics site for this blush and adore the color. It gives me healthy flush and glow that isn’t too intense. I have had no skin issues with the new blush and would buy more MAC blushes in the future. There are 43 shades in this range of MAC Powder blush for you to choose from so, enjoy! Five stars out of five for this product
To be truthful, I have been searching for a lipstick in this Light Pink shade, much longer than I have
been searching for the blush (written about above). I must have been searching practically a year because I found a similar shade in InStyle magazine and had to have it, I see other brands besides MAC, now carrying this shade or colors near this shade in Sephora and other makeup stores. Beyond the light pink color, I enjoy that this was a fatter lip pencil from MAC that I can line my lips with and then fill them in with this pencil, all using one pencil not an additional lipliner. The MAC fat lip pencil feels smooth and lovely on my lips and even though I do have to apply a few coats, I love the color. A long with the price point, this was a steal! Sadly, I cannot seem to find it online on MAC cosmetics in Canada anymore but it might be a product still available in the U.S. or in store. Before applying the product I make sure to apply a thin gloss or lip balm before to moisturize my lips because this product does not moisturize one’s lips or go on well on dry lips. I also enjoy making my lips a bit shinier instead of having the matte finish of the fat lip pencil. The pencil did come in several other colors, not a huge amount, but eight or ten. I love how well the blush and the lip pencil match. The lip light pink pencil is slighter lighter but it has the same cool undertones as the MAC powder blush so it works well for me. I’d give it four stars out of five.
3. Bourjois Paris: Little Round Pot Eyeshadow in Generose (Shimmery nude – Intense Color – Longwear 12 hours) -www.beautyboutique.ca- $17.00 CAN
A product I always run out of and always use is an eyeshadow that is nude or the color of your own skin tone. This can be put over primer on your eyelids and creates a great base to blend other eyeshadow colors into. Because you have chosen a nude or skin color shade, any color of eyeshadow will blend with this color. I used to buy the nude color in a matte eyeshadow but recently found after using a similar color from NARS’s eyeshadow line with a sheen, that I enjoyed this sheen and I found the perfect one from Bourjois Paris in Genrose for only $17.00 as opposed to almost $40.00 for the NARS eyeshadow. If I only wanted to wear Generose, with my contour shade in my crease, the eyeshadow appeared wonderful, especially gleaming in the light; however, if a person wished to apply a more intense eyeshadow look overtop, this nude eyeshadow is great because it provides a sheen of light and sparkle underneath other eyeshadows, some that were even matte. The sheen is by no means overpowering, it only adds ‘a little something’ extra your usual eyeshadow look. I loved the feel of Generose by Bourjois, it was smooth and I was pleased it lasted 12 hours as advertised. I completely recommend this product, the quality, pigment, sheen, and price point are excellent. My only complaint is that the eyeshadow did not last long. I have had other eyeshadows last for three months or more. This one barely lasted a month and a half, so four out of five stars.
4. Clarins Eyebrow Pencil (Soft Blonde with Spooley) -www.beautyboutique.ca – $27.00 CAN
The hunt for the perfecteyebrow pencil continues. Since my old BENEFIT pencil no
longer exists in the same form. I have been trying various brands of eye pencils that are slightly harder as they last longer and have better pigment. For some reason, there needs to be a perfect balance in the hardness and softness of a pencil. As well, I was using points on Beauty Boutique online and this appeared to be one of the best eyebrow pencils in terms of quality and shade. I have tried some Clarin’s products but not many and was pleasantly surprised this pencil lasted three months. Even when I had sharpened it a lot and though it was becoming too short it still lasted another month after shaping and filling in my brows most days. I recommend BENEFIT’s volumizing gel to go over the top of your brows once they are filled in as this makes your eyebrows appear fuller. My only complaints with this pencil are that it was too hard for a brow pencil and the color available for blonds was too warm for my skin tone. The volumizing eyebrow gel helped to make the color ashier but when I look back in pictures where I am using this color, I can see it isn’t the right color for me. Overall a good brow pencil with three and a half stars out of five.
I received this excellent highlighter sample in my Luxebox for winter. I wasn’t expecting much but once I tried the product I loved it. Not only is it a natural and vegan product but it provides a wonderful sheen or highlight to areas of your face in a subtle way. Often I find cream products can make my skin break out after everyday use but not so with this cream highlighter. The highlighter comes out of a tube as a liquid and is a light bronzy color. It appears as if t might be too dark for some skin tones or too light for others but since using it, I think it could be used by anyone as the sheen in the product has an effect, not the color of the highlighter itself. I use it for everyday makeup when I’m doing usual activities. I put it on my brow bone, the corner of my eye, on my cheekbones, and on the bridge and tip of my nose. The subtle sheen is perfect and a little product, a dime sized amount, goes a long way and brings light to the high points of your face. A wonderful product and it’s always a good thing when products you didn’t think will be a good product, turn out to be awesome. Five out of five stars for this highlighter.
6. e.l.f. Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette (matte finish & nude/brown colors) -www.elfcosmetics.com -$10.00 U.S.
I am a Pinterest pinner and I often pin beauty ideas and products on Pinterest. You can find me
@mandibelle16 on Pinterest. I often see product charts comparing low-end and high-end beauty products on Pinterest. I see e.l.f. makeup which is Target’s brand of makeup, compared to more expensive makeup such as NARS and Urban Decay. I decided to test this and purchased less than $30.00 worth of e.l.f. products online as it is actually even cheaper to buy e.l.f online than at Walmart in Canada. Out of the four of five items, I purchased, this eyeshadow palette was my best purchase, one that I use a few times a week. I find with e.l.f eyeshadow, as long as a person uses a good primer underneath on your eyelids, the eyeshadow is fantastic and, supposedly, mineral based. Plus, most eyeshadow palette’s of this same price point are not nearly as good in pigment or quality. Instead of buying an Urban Decay palette with similar shades, I bought this e.l.f one for $10.00 U.S or about $12.50 CAN and either way its a fantastic deal. The colors are great and look good on everyone and the basic’s palette as more colors than in the basic Urban Decay palette. I love the skin tone colors as there are three of them and they are light enough to look good on practically every skin tone. The addition of gray shades at the end of the palette is something I liked as well. With e.l.f. eyeshadow palettes, I have found this one lasted over six months. Check-out e.l.f cosmetics online for other great eyeshadow palettes, just remember to wear a good primer underneath. The shadows go on well, smooth, and has good pigment. My only complaint is there is a more fallout from this kit as opposed to more expensive palettes, but saving nearly $30.00 makes up for this complaint. Five out of Five stars
My second best e.l.f cosmetics purchase was this baked highlighter in the color Pink Diamonds. E.l.f has a few different shades you can choose from in these highlighters such as a couple of them that are more bronzy and one that is white and sparkly. I wanted the white one too but they were out of stock so I chose this shade. You cannot lose for $4.00 U.S. I love the shade it’s light pink so is also a more natural appearing highlighter for every day. It can even be used as an eyeshadow and stands up well as a longer-lasting eyeshadow if you wear a good primer underneath. Just a note, the e.l.f. brand eye primer is absolute junk and not even worth the $2.00 or $3.00 dollars I wasted on it. I threw it out after two weeks trying to make it work. So use your regular face primer on your eyes or choose a dependable and reliable eye primer for your eyelids and area such as Urban Decay, Benefit, Anastasia, (etc). Eye primer always lasts a long time (like 6 months) and are a product worth the splurge. Back to the Baked Highlighter, it was an excellent purchase and I would like to try the other shades available in the brand. My only issue with this product (as there is always at least one) is that it isn’t long lasting. If you apply the highlighter in the morning you are going to have to reapply later in the day even if you have a face primer or long lasting foundation on. Setting spray does help keep any makeup products last longer and can be found in brands such as NYX and Urban Decay. Both brands are different price points and both work well for matte or glowing skin.
This is another product from Luxebox. I put it on my hand and promptly put it back in
my makeup sample bags as the color appeared too orange on my hand for pale skin. The foundation I use is by Urban Decay and I love it because it lasts a long time, is waterproof, covers extremely well, yet feels light. But it is still heavier feeling than a C.C. Cream or a B.B. Cream. I have never been a huge fan of B.B. Creams except for one by Bobbie Brown, but my skin does not need the extra moisturizerthese B.B. Creams provide. One day I ran out of my Urban Decay foundation as my replacement was in the mail, and I used this B.B. Cream for a few days. The color on my face was actually perfect, even in daylight. It was not orange as I thought the color would be. It was very light coverage so that even with a good concealer I wasn’t all that happy with it, but at least I was wearing something. When the weather was colder I wore it around the house and it helped when my skin was drier. It’s an okay B.B. Cream but it your skin is normal or oilier I would go with a C.C. Cream as they have more coverage and often that coverage is matte. I probably would not purchase this product as it can only be found in Australia and I was not that impressed overall. Two and a half stars out of five.
Today, is part 2 of my Luxebox, a quarterly beauty box. I received two boxes in one for Fall 2016. This part is my actual Luxebox. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to pick a theme, but the other free Luxebox balanced out with this fact. Anyway’s enjoy!
Well, that’s it until the winter box. Thanks for stopping by!
I have picked up a few items makeup wise lately. I also have received a couple large samples in Luxebox or with other makeup purchases that have been excellent. So, I wanted to share those purchases/samples with you here today.
Tartlette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette (www.tartcosmetics.com) -$54.00 – I have been impressed by Tarte’s choice of palettes this holiday season. They had some great ones in summer too. I gave away a couple palettes with bronzer, highlighter, eye shadow, and blush combined, to a couple of friends this year and they were well loved Birthday and Christmas presents. When I saw this matte palette I was immediately drawn to it because it had a fair amount of light colours in the palette. The issue I find with many palettes of eye shadow is that they have too many medium and dark colors and not enough light colors. And it is important to have a good amount of light colours to choose from because those are the colours that go all over your eyelid before you put on a medium color on your lid and darker colour in your crease. You may even use more of the light colour to blend your eye shadow at the end of your eye shadow process.
So, I’m pretty happy with this eye shadow palette. Basically, each row is a different kind of eye shadow look you can achieve. Although the palette does come with instructions on how to do and everyday eye with the purple colours and a nighttime eye with some of the skin tone and brownish colors. The very darkest colours are excellent if you use those colours to line your eyes. But I don’t really do that nor have I ever. I usually go with a liquid liner in black, brown, purple, or grey and I think it is so much simpler to do your eyeliner with a makeup designed to be a liner ergonomically. So, those dark colours are useless colours in the palette for me. But I do like the first three colours in each row. I have tried all three looks out and they are superb. Plus, Tarte has such pigmented eye shadow. You have to be careful you don’t use to much especially of the darker colours.
The only thing that I would change about the palette would be to make the lighter colours larger in size. Because what always happens is you run out of the lighter colours earlier and have these medium and dark colours left because you use less of the colours due to the dark pigment. I also wouldn’t have minded maybe a colour in each row that was even lighter then what is provided, for the corner of your eye and your brow bone (instead of a colour to line your eyes). It would give your eyes that extra glimmer that is so refined. I was very happy to buy this palette at 30 % off. They are sold out on Tarte’s website right now but you might be able to find it full price at Sephora.
Tarte Cheek Stain (Skintuitive) in Energy – (www.tartecosmetics.com)
– $36.00 – For the picture of the cheek stain I could not get the picture in the colour I have which is called Energy and is a bubblegum pink. I usually do not like wet or cream blushes but I have found a couple of options that are actually nice. One of them is this Tarte cheek stain which I got a large sample from Tarte in the summer. What is neat about this Tarte Cheek Stain is it is “Skintuitive.” So, you take the lid off and put it right on your cheeks or use a blush brush and really buff and smooth the blush in so it looks natural. You cannot leave the blush how it is at first or it looks like you have neon pink streaks on your cheek. As you blend the colour in, the colour adapts to your skin colour so that you get your perfect shade of pink (or whatever colour) for your cheeks. I am not sure if all Tarte Cheek Stains do this or simply the sample and colour I have but either way the Cheek Stain is a great product, remains on your cheeks all day, and doesn’t rub off easily. The product sinks into your skin and stays put. The process of applying this blush is actually easier then powder blush to apply once you get the hang of the product. Tarte has about eight different colours you can choose from on their site and Sephora may have even more.
Two Faced La Creme Lipstick in Marshmallow Bunny – (www.twofaced.com) – $32.oo – I have been using sites for these Makeup finds other than Sephora. I love Sephora but it is Christmas time and you can often find deals on a brands home website as I did with Tarte. Two Faced is having deals every day until Christmas. Today’s deal is: FREE Flat Buki Brush with any Love Flush Blush! Code: TFBEAUTY11. In case, you wanted to check that out. What is awesome about this lipstick is it is creamy and good for keeping dry lips away. It hydrates your lips as well as acting as a lipstick. I was looking for the perfect pink lipstick and I found this shade Marshmallow Bunny. The colour is pretty opaque and longer lasting but does need to be applied every few hours. The best part about this lipstick besides the colour is it’s creaminess so your lips won’t dry out while wearing it. There are 32 different colours on the Two Faced website to choose from. I have slowly been trying out some of Two Faced Makeup and have been happy with it. I like their eye shadow sets and am particularly found of a highlighting powder they carry.
Bioderma Hydrabio Lait: Moistuirising Cleansing Milk for Sensitive
Dehydrated Skin: Cleanses and Removes Make-up, moisturisers – (www.murale.ca) – $21.95 – Bioderma skincare products come in many types for different skin. This particular Cleansing Milk which removes makeup well, is for dry skin. I don’t have dry skin but I have not found the product to be oily or anything close to it. Generally, I use wipes to remove my makeup but a couple of posts ago I told you guys about a mascara from Dior that I was using. It was so hard to take off my eyelashes and sometimes got on my skin around my eyes. Bioderma Cleansing milk is amazing and will remove any makeup on your skin or eyes. The only problem I found when removing my eye make up, with some of the cleansing milk on cotton round, was that if you swipe to hard, your contacts will pop out. First world problem! I was not expecting much from a makeup remover that acts like cold cream but I have been impressed by this product and Bioderma. Perhaps it merits looking into some of their other skincare products. They are priced well. But Murale was the only place I could find that carried the products.
Blinc Brush it on Slide it Off Eyeliner – (www.blincinc.com) – ($26.00) – I received this Blinc liquid eyeliner in a Luxebox as well. The sample is a bit tiny but the Liquid eyeliner is awesome. Blinc products are not waterproof they are “water-resistant.” When you put the eyeliner on your lash line you are putting on a water-resistant “layer” of eyeliner. Blinc says their product doesn’t “fade, smudge, run, or flake even if you cry or rub your eyes.” When you want to remove Blinc it slides off effortlessly into your hand. It is an interesting product. There are five shades of eyeliner of this type. I am wearing black and the black was intense. Even though I accidentally got some on my brow bone, it was easily removed smudging it with my fingers. I don’t know how taking it off will be tonight since today is the first day I have worn it. But I am happy with how well the product looks on my eye. The black is bright and shiny. And it was easy enough to apply, the wand is a good size. S0, look into Blinc makeup and let me know what you think.
Delectable (miracle material) Ultra Nourishing Coconut and Cream
Body Lotion (www.beautyboutique.ca) -$14.00 – I couldn’t find the exact product I was looking for, but this will give you a close idea of what I have been using. Delectable is a new brand that I received in Luxebox and it can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart across Canada and on their Beauty Boutique website. The lotion I have is for hands and it works so well! I never had dry hands after using this lotion and the Coconut smells so good! Not to mention it is not very expensive for a small tube and because it is Christmas Delectable has a bunch of sets you can get that contain different flavours of their hand and body lotions for gifts. You can also find the full-sized lotions in Shoppers. It’s a nice product I am glad I’ll be able to buy when I run out.
Soap and Glory: The Righteous Butter with Softening Shea Butter and Aloe Vera – (www.beautyboutique.ca) -$18.00 – I bought this Body Butter at Shoppers Drug Mart. I used to love buying the Body Butter at Victoria Secret and it came in so many great flavours such as ‘Love Spell.’ But the problem is Victoria Secret is not making body butter under the brand they were making it under before. So, until I can try their new body butter brand I needed something to last me. So, I tried this Soap and Glory Righteous Butter. While $18.00 is a bit pricey for a body butter which I wear everyday and put on after each shower, there is actually a good amount in the container (300 ml). I enjoy the smell, it is not too overpowering. Righteous Butter smells a little citrusy but only a bit. It works great. My legs are always silky smooth after using Righteous Butter. I also think since, Victoria Secret’s new body butter is $18.00, I might be using this brand if their is more butter (lotion) in the container. I am a huge fan of Soap and Glory. They have great lip, body scrubs, and creams. The only item I have not liked from them have been cleansing clothes, which were not damp enough and not substantial enough to remove makeup well. But the body butter I am extremely satisfied with using.
Hope you enjoyed my mishmash of products. I would like to try sharing some of the good products I receive in Luxebox a bit more. Sometimes I forget about them and the products are the same products that are available online, in your local drugstore, Sephora or Ulta.
I have a large amount of Benefit Beauty Products to write about for you guys today and part of it has to do with the fact that my last Luxebox was all Benefit products, which in turn, has had me buying and trying from them samples and some great Benefit products. What I love most about Benefit is a great deal of it is mineral makeup and the fact that they are moving away from testing on animals. I hope that ‘moving away’ part happens soon.
1. Benefit Facial Serum – http://www.ulta.com – $55.00 – I have been searching for a great facial serum for sometime. Something that fights aging, leaves skin refreshed, and smooth. Well I found it. Benefit Facial Serum is awesome. It has made my skin so nice and I hardly ever break out when I use this serum. It plumps up the skin and smooths it out and is anti – aging, it is also is non-greasy. I was using this Retinol Serum before, which was great for winter but now that it’s summer, I need something that I can be out in the sun with because the Retinol Cream has Vitamin A and you are not supposed to spend a large amount of time in the sun with Vitamin A on your skin. Plus, Benefit’s Serum is non-greasy so I don’t have to worry about my face looking all sweaty with makeup dripping off by 5 pm in the hot summer weather. I completely recommend this product it is worth the price! And it lasts a good two months.
2. Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream- http://www.sephora.ca – $40.00 –
I received this cream as a sample from Luxebox but have been pleasantly surprised by how much I like it and how long the sample has lasted. I put it on at night and I definitely think it helps with dark circles in the morning. You need such little cream on each eye and I like how it feels on my skin — it doesn’t sting my eye skin like many eye creams do. So, if you are looking for an excellent eye cream, try Benefits It’s Potent Eye Cream. You won’t be sorry. But if you don’t buy it, I also think there are comparable eye creams on the market but the price and gentle ingredients make this a cream one I like to use.
3. Benefit POREfessional – http://www.sephora.ca – $12.00-$37.00 – I didn’t expect to like this product given that it’s a product you put all over your face before your makeup. I tend to find when you layer products under your foundation, besides your skin care, they make you break out. But this product was awesome. For those of you with problems with bigger pores this is definitely the product for you but even if you don’t have bigger pores such as I, this product works greatl. It smooths out the skin and gives a great canvas for foundation to be applied to. I don’t even know how to quite describe it just makes your face feel so lovely. I got a sample of this and used it for a week or two and was convinced that it was a great product to buy for regular use.
4. Benefit Gimme Brow – http://www.sephora.ca – $28.00 – Strong brows have really become a point of focus on the face recently. I received a full-sized sample of this product and it has lasted me over 2 months. It comes in a lighter and darker shade and makes your brows look more dense. They stand out more and you can see the individual hairs on your brows after you have gone over your eyebrows with a brow pencil to darken them and fill in the sparse spots. I totally recommend this product and am going to buy it when I run out. It’s pretty amazing. It also can create little hair look alike so where your browns don’t grow far enough on one side or the other.
5. Benefit Brow Pencil – http://www.sephora.ca – $26.00 – I am ambivilant about this product. I love the color and how it makes my blond brows contrast with my skin. I love how soft the pencil is so that it just blends right into my brows but it doesn’t last very long at all, maybe a month of use. Because having a soft pencil has a downside too, it gets used up fast and needs to be sharpened almost after every use. On the good side, it does have a little brush on the end so one can brush out their brows after using the pencil and then apply Benefits Gimme Brow. I think I can find a cheaper pencil that is a bit harder in just the generic drugstore section. Some brand such as L’oreal makes great eyebrow pencils for much cheaper. So it’s up to you whether you purchase this but after this time I am not buying this pencil again.
Yeah! the Fall Luxebox is here. I hope you enjoy the items as much as I’m going to trying them all out! Included is a Burt’s bee lip gloss, blush and contour brush, Susan concealer palette, body wash, a couple of face creams, and AG volumizing hair product. All are in the usual handy Loose Button sac, great for any number of things. Enjoy!
After trying a couple of makeup subscription boxes I decided to go with Loosebutton’s Luxebox. It only comes 4 times a year so it is financially more acceptable as opposed to Julep Maven’s program that comes every month and it costs about the same per time. The only aspect I do not think is fair about the Luxebox program is to receive the “good” versions of the Luxebox such the Hawaiian punch Edition you have to pay an extra $6.00. It is completely worth it because you get way more actual makeup and nice items as opposed to random items but I do think you should just be able to pick your box theme and get great items without paying the extra amount of money. Anyways, here is the Summer Edition of the Luxebox: