1. Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Bar for Face and Body: The Best thing about this product is the fact that it is antibacterial so it stops acne from spreading on the face or body. It is also gentle on skin so it does not cause your skin to dry out. Although I do not use Clinique’s entire acne line I do use the Acne Solutions soap in place of the Type III soap for oily skin for these reasons. It also comes in a cleansing foam which is nice, but it runs out faster. For around $17 or $18 dollars this soap will last about 6 months.
2. Clinique New Turnaround Concentrate Skin Renewer:
The Clinique website calls the Turnaround Concentrate a
Fast acting exfoliating serum [that] instantly creates a luminous-from-within radiance . . . [and] works to optimise natural cell renewal, gently, continually, unveiling skin that’s brighter, healthier, more uniform. Becomes softer, younger over time.
I would have to agree. I love the Turnaround Concentrate not only in the serum that you can wear both day and night but also in the Turnaround night cream. My skin always feels softer after using this serum and I hardly break out since the serum premotes increased cell turnover on on my skin. Sells for around $50.00 but is well worth the price! ( See www.clinique.ca)
3. MAC Eye Shadow – A ” highly pigmented” eye shadow that comes in tons and tons of colors; colors that are matte, colors that are sparkly, colors that are luminous. It blends well, lasts all day, and is “really” full of pigment that stays on your skin. It sells for about $18.00 but can also be bought in a smaller portion with other shades and made into your own personal palette, which is a really fantastic idea – you can stick all your favorite eye shadows together, instead of searching your makeup bag for them.
4. MAC Eye Pencil – Any and all MAC eye liners in liquid or pencil form are great! All sell for around $20.00 and actually stick and stay to your eyelid. Though I did find that the pencil eyeliners wore off a little bit towards the end of the day, it was easy to reapply quickly. (see www.maccosmetics.com)
5. QUO Professional Make up Brushes – At Shopper’s Drug Mart QUO has an amazing line of makeup brushes (different from their regular line) that are absolutely fantastic. The bristles are made of “natural” and “synthetic” fibres that apply makeup well and stay soft even after washing. The brushes wash out well with brush cleaner or even just shampoo and retain their natural shapes without losing bristles. They are a bit pricer around $25.00 to $40.00 but are completely worth the cost as they will not need to be replaced for a very long time. Applying makeup with is like painting; they handle very well. ( See http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Beauty-And-Body/Brands/Quo/Collections/Brushes.aspx)
6. OPI Nail Polish – If you haven’t used it already its the best stuff. OPI Nail polishes have extremely good pigment, so it takes less coats to cover your finger nails and toe nails. Also, I have found that I have had bottles of it for 2 or 3 years and the nail polish has not seperated, and is just as good as when I first bought it. Usually, it sells for about $12.00 a bottle but I have gotten deals for it for $7.00 a bottle if you buy three. I also find that I would rather have 1 or 2 really good nail polishes then a whole bunch of not so good one’s that flake off all the time and take along time to get the correct color saturation on my nail. (See www.OPI.com)
The solution for any cosmetic problem related to hair removal. Men can use it on their face, neck and back of the head while women find it useful on legs, bikini line, underarms and anywhere else hair removal causes razor bumps. Use in conjunction with shaving, waxing electrolysis or epilating. Caution: If you have an allergy to Aspirin (hives, itching) do not use this product.
It has been a great product for me and huge help, especially after waxing courser hair. Costs anywhere from $17.00 to $50.00 and can be found at www.sephora.com and at Merle Norman Cosmetics.
8. LOVE Fury perfume by NineWest – My new favorite scent from Ninewest smells sweet and florally and you only need to wear a little of it to get a good smell. (See www.ninewest.ca) Costs $52.00 or $63.00 depending on the size.On the ninewest website ninewest describes the perfume as:
. . . a mix of luscious fruits and decadent florals,blended with the warmth of seductively addictive woods, a truly intoxicating signature. 50 ml eau de parfum spray housed in a beveled-edge glass bottle with a black cap that replicates that heel of a shoe
Hope you like it and all these other products as much as I do!
Clinique. www.clinique.ca. 4 April 2012.
MAC. www.maccosmetics.com. 4 April 2012.
Nine West. www.ninewest.ca. 4 April 2012.
Sephora. www.sephora.com. 4 April 2012
Shoppers Drugmart. www.shoppersdrugmart.ca. 4 April 2012.