I have a large amount of Benefit Beauty Products to write about for you guys today and part of it has to do with the fact that my last Luxebox was all Benefit products, which in turn, has had me buying and trying from them samples and some great Benefit products. What I love most about Benefit is a great deal of it is mineral makeup and the fact that they are moving away from testing on animals. I hope that ‘moving away’ part happens soon.
1. Benefit Facial Serum – http://www.ulta.com – $55.00 – I have been searching for a great facial serum for sometime. Something that fights aging, leaves skin refreshed, and smooth. Well I found it. Benefit Facial Serum is awesome. It has made my skin so nice and I hardly ever break out when I use this serum. It plumps up the skin and smooths it out and is anti – aging, it is also is non-greasy. I was using this Retinol Serum before, which was great for winter but now that it’s summer, I need something that I can be out in the sun with because the Retinol Cream has Vitamin A and you are not supposed to spend a large amount of time in the sun with Vitamin A on your skin. Plus, Benefit’s Serum is non-greasy so I don’t have to worry about my face looking all sweaty with makeup dripping off by 5 pm in the hot summer weather. I completely recommend this product it is worth the price! And it lasts a good two months.
2. Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream- http://www.sephora.ca – $40.00 –
I received this cream as a sample from Luxebox but have been pleasantly surprised by how much I like it and how long the sample has lasted. I put it on at night and I definitely think it helps with dark circles in the morning. You need such little cream on each eye and I like how it feels on my skin — it doesn’t sting my eye skin like many eye creams do. So, if you are looking for an excellent eye cream, try Benefits It’s Potent Eye Cream. You won’t be sorry. But if you don’t buy it, I also think there are comparable eye creams on the market but the price and gentle ingredients make this a cream one I like to use.
3. Benefit POREfessional – http://www.sephora.ca – $12.00-$37.00 – I didn’t expect to like this product given that it’s a product you put all over your face before your makeup. I tend to find when you layer products under your foundation, besides your skin care, they make you break out. But this product was awesome. For those of you with problems with bigger pores this is definitely the product for you but even if you don’t have bigger pores such as I, this product works greatl. It smooths out the skin and gives a great canvas for foundation to be applied to. I don’t even know how to quite describe it just makes your face feel so lovely. I got a sample of this and used it for a week or two and was convinced that it was a great product to buy for regular use.
4. Benefit Gimme Brow – http://www.sephora.ca – $28.00 – Strong brows have really become a point of focus on the face recently. I received a full-sized sample of this product and it has lasted me over 2 months. It comes in a lighter and darker shade and makes your brows look more dense. They stand out more and you can see the individual hairs on your brows after you have gone over your eyebrows with a brow pencil to darken them and fill in the sparse spots. I totally recommend this product and am going to buy it when I run out. It’s pretty amazing. It also can create little hair look alike so where your browns don’t grow far enough on one side or the other.
5. Benefit Brow Pencil – http://www.sephora.ca – $26.00 – I am ambivilant about this product. I love the color and how it makes my blond brows contrast with my skin. I love how soft the pencil is so that it just blends right into my brows but it doesn’t last very long at all, maybe a month of use. Because having a soft pencil has a downside too, it gets used up fast and needs to be sharpened almost after every use. On the good side, it does have a little brush on the end so one can brush out their brows after using the pencil and then apply Benefits Gimme Brow. I think I can find a cheaper pencil that is a bit harder in just the generic drugstore section. Some brand such as L’oreal makes great eyebrow pencils for much cheaper. So it’s up to you whether you purchase this but after this time I am not buying this pencil again.