1. I am grateful I can enjoy a mug of tea in the morning. This is my favourite kind. It is green tea but also contains a hint of grapefruit, strawberry, and pineapple. It is called Morning Boost, with all natural ingredients. Besides a hint of fruit and green tea it contains: Yerba mate to boost metabolism; Nettle Leaves which are a natural diuretic and antioxidant; Dandelion which improves digestion, cleanses and detoxifies; and Gurana which increases physical endurance, alertness, and stimulates digestion.
2. I am grateful for lip balm which works well. I won this Rodial Glam lip balm over Christmas. It is a stemcell super-food lip plumping lip balm. It contains 3D filling spheres and Rose wax. Most of all, it is a good product because it keeps your lips from becoming chapped. Check this product out here.
3. I am grateful for great tasting red wine. I have been to a few wine tastings and tried a lot of wine. I picked up a couple bottles before Christmas to keep around. One became a present and this Cabernet-Sauvignon I had a couple glasses of on New Years Eve. My favourite wine speciality shop is Devine Wines in downtown Edmonton. You can even order wine from Devine Wines in the city and have it delivered. Or you can attend one of their fun wine tasting events. Check out their website above.
4. I am grateful for my IPad mini which I have used until it is barely working. I brought it with me to write in a coffee shop or I used it at home. A lot of time it was easier to use then my laptop. Unfortunately, it’s been five years and the iPad is not performing well. Sad to say goodbye but I will be replacing him this pay cheque. Here’s the new Ipad 4 mini here.
5. I am grateful for this textbook from my favourite English class in university. It was taught by Dr.Eddy who has retired now. From this textbook I learned in depth about John Donne’s poetry, John Webster’s play The Duchess of Malfi, and John Milton’s poetry and epic, Paradise Lost.
Thank you to La Duchesse D’Erat for hosting the challenge A Great Book of Lists. Also, thank you to my friend Rosema from the blog Rosema Writes where I found this challenge because I read her wonderful list of things to be thankful for.
It it the brightest sunniest morning I can remember seeing in a long time. Snow sits lightly on the trees sparkling in the sunshine and the ground is about 5 inches deep with snow. It is cold outside, but not that cold for November in Edmonton and I can feel the burn of the wind against my cheek as I step outside to let my dog out and then wait for her by the door while she does her business.
Later, she is snuggled up to me on the couch, an old dilapidated couch that we’ve waited months for the new replacement to arrive, but it hasn’t arrived yet. Nikki and my knitted blanket make me feel so cozy on the love seat and Nikki refused for a good 10 minutes to let me stop petting her. She is now what we call “tits up” turned into my legs on the seat of the couch and I am sitting here thinking that I just feel the urge to write but I’m not exactly sure what will develop out of my blog today.
I’m having a great day so far. I awoke with energy and slept enough and I was not too tired that I had to go back to bed like some mornings. The sunshine makes the biggest difference. It just hi-lights everything it touches and the sky is the deepest bright country blue I have ever seen. And there are no expectations on me today. I just have the opportunity to write to you, my readers, do some exercise, and if I wish, sort through some of the clothing in my taller dresser.
At the moment I am watching TV, talk shows: Marilyn Denise, Kelly & Michael, followed by The View. It is interesting to learn about the actors behind the movies and TV shows I have watched the night before and the week before. My new favorite show on Sunday’s is Betrayal.
It’s about a 2 people, a man who works for a mob boss and is married to the mob bosses daughter and has 2 teenage kids, and a woman who is married to a public attorney with a little boy. The man and the woman meet at a party one night and subsequently start running into each other and end up having an affair. They love each other, but they also love their spouses and don’t know how their situation will ever work out. The man is a lawyer for the mob boss and was raised by him when his family was killed in a construction accident at one of the mob bosses sites. He was best friends with the mob bosses son TJ who is mentally disabled after a car accident.
TJ ends up accused of his Uncles murder after he is the last person seen with him. But the woman’s husband, the public attorney, even though he is pretty sure TJ did not murder his uncle, uses the event to go after the mob boss and his family and the man (Jack) is the mob bosses head guy at his business. There is a big competition going on between the lady’s public attorney husband and Jack and at the end of the last show he just figured out that his wife is having an affair, and with Jack, his nemesis. I love it.
My other favorite show is Scandal by Shawnda Rimes but if you are looking for some other excellent TV shows Grey’s Anatomy, TheVampireDiaries, The Blacklist, Chicago Fire, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, and Grimm are also excellent shows. But I used to never watch TV besides a couple of programs and some Oiler’s games. Now it seems since I require so much time to rest that I have lots of time to watch TV. I also read, but I also used to do that a ton more then I ever watched TV. Now I read, but I cannot do it for as long as I could read before so I guess I watch TV more instead.
Otherwise, my boyfriend is up in Edmonton this week and I am really looking forward to seeing him so much. It has only been one week because he had a neck injury a week ago, since I have seen him. He is fine now but it’s a treat to see him again so soon.
I am anxious about our future now that we have charted a course for our relationship. Inside I wonder if maybe I am walking into something without checking out my other options first. But then I think I’ve got the best of all options right here. But I still can’t help thinking that I don’t know what else is out there because this my first real relationship. But then for about 10 years before that, all I found was the odd date or two with some mostly weird guys, A couple of times I found a connection between some guy but often some guy just wanted to mess around with my head.
My boyfriend doesn’t do that to me. We fit, so when I have second thoughts I remember that, the happiness he brings me, and I think there is no one else better out there than my man. But we have challenges ahead and those are what scare me. Every couple does but our challenges are unique across religion and culture. And I would really love it if he could just get along with my mom, dad, and brothers well. He has barely met them so that would really ease a lot of the feelings I am having if that could happen.
Also, embarking on a second stage in my health crusade, to find the physical reason why I have no energy and other symptoms gives me some sort of hope. And I believe I can be a healthier girlfriend and healthier person just so I can be more involved in my life and give more back to the world. My doctors appointment is the following week after this week for that and I am really hoping I have something such as hypothyroidism that we have just missed before and not Chronic Fatigue. It would be so much more hopeful if there is a way I can start to get better from a lack of energy. But if constant fatigue is what I must expect most of my life than I guess at least I know what I have. Anyways, I don’t want to write about too much health related stuff today. I think I maybe say too much about it.
Otherwise, I can’t wait to get paid, I have almost all my Christmas presents picked out to order. I have found some nice things at The Bay, Sephora, Anthropologie (for me), and I will have to pick something for Azdine maybe with him this weekend. Besides a visit to my favorite store DeVine Wines, then I should be done. I think since I bought a bunch of gift bags and Christmas cards last year I should be even pretty good for those. Well, maybe a few gift bags, tissue paper, and cards and I’ll be good.
Anyways, that’s what’s up. Sorry not too interesting I guess. But I can ramble on a long time no?