Thank you to Paul of wwwpalfitness for nominating me for this award. I don’t do awards often but I keep getting brand new visitors to my blog from Paul’s nomination post. So, I should probably do the award. Thank you Paul it was very kind of you.
Display the Award in your post, mention your nominator, link back to them, answer 5 questions and nominate 5-10 people.
1. What made you choose WP as your blogging platform?
I chose WordPress as a blogging platform because a friend on Facebook used WordPress and I read her blogs all the time, and enjoyed her blog’s appearance and content. I had dabbled with some other blogger sites before, but I like that the WordPress site had many themes to pick from and appeared professional. Learning to use it was also fool proof. My second choice of a blog site would be Tumblr but the Tumblr blog site is a bit simplistic. I do link my blog to Tumblr. My user name is: Mandibelle16
2. Introduce yourself and tell us about your blog?
My name is Amanda or Mandi, whatever you wish to call me on here. I’ve been blogging for about four-years now. You can read about me on my About The Author Page here or on the right side of my blog I have another short About Me section from my Gravatar Profile. I’m from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and I began my blog to improve my writing skills and share and use my blog as a platform for a mental illness I was dealing with, and am still dealing with.
These days, I’m more interested in writing creative fiction, poetry, and a few nonfiction pieces. I finished my first draft for my novel, last week. It’s a paranormal romance called How Was Last Night For You. Yesterday, I made sure from chapter 1 on, you can link to the next chapter at the bottom of each chapter.
I also write a lot of flash fiction and I have been experimenting and learning new poetry forms this year. Additionally, I did NaPoWriMo in April, #Maydays prompts in May, as well as I’m finishing another round of Writing 101.
3. Are you a once in a while blogger or a daily one? I have become a daily blogger since I first started taking WordPress writing and blogging courses. Those courses helped me to develop my writing and to write something at least once a day. Usually, I think I post three times a day, but every once in a while I skip a day to work on other writing. You have to plan your writing schedule, it’s vital to being a blogger. I might be missing blogging days as I get into editing my novel in second draft.
4. Do you wish to publish and if so, what type of book? Yes, I wish to publish my novel. On my own through Amazon or with a Publisher I’m not sure yet. I’m collecting information and researching this right now. I think the novel will eventually be a series of three books all of the paranormal romance genre.
5. What is your favorite thing to do besides write? I like to be doing something with a friend or relative. Having drinks, sharing a bottle of wine, coffee, lunch, meeting at a Pub, doing some activity such as seeing a play, or going to the spa myself on a Groupon every once in a while is fun as well.
Please Note: I don’t know which bloggers do blog awards and which don’t. So if you’ve the time and want to do the award, by all means do. If you don’t have time, there is no pressure, you don’t have to do the award. But please know I love all of your writing 🙂
©Mandibelle16. (2016) All Rights Reserved.