Thanks to Bikurgurl for hosting 100 Word Wednesdays.
Sweet dark chocolate slides across my tongue, the richness of chocolate icing soft and creamy; the moist cake, competing for flavour with the icing. It’s sweetness allows one to eat it slowly. Too much cake at once would ruin the experience and leave me with an upset stomach. But each bite savoured with pleasure and a bit of vanilla ice cream, ensures my scrumptious chocolate cake is a heavenly experience.
Across the table you wink, you knew it was my favourite cake and you ordered it for me. Our eyes hold as you eat your own cake and I absorb every ounce of chocolate flavour in mine; eating cake becomes seduction.
1. Wow, you’ve brought scrumptious, mouth watering, sinfully fattening, cupcakes to work, however; there’s a problem or three with the cupcakes you’ve bought to share; first of all, the cupcakes are small, if you’re going to allow us all to indulge in a cupcake, at least make the cupcake full size, not mini; cupcake are not a delicious treat most of us have often so please, don’t leave us wanting more ( a second cupcake) when you’ve only brought enough for one each.
2. The second issue I have is, your cupcakes aren’t chocolate; a most grevious error on your part, I don’t know who decides to bring cupcakes to work and doesn’t buy chocolate ones; chocolate is beloved by the majority of people and vanilla is boring (even if it vanilla does smell delightful), vanilla isn’t chocolate, it can’t compare; you’ve unknowingly offended at least all the females in our work area by bringing cupcakes which aren’t chocolate; in fact, I’d say my day is ruined, having seen the cupcakes and realized, they weren’t chocolate or even chocolate iced.
3. My third issue has to do with the icing on the cupcakes; I understand, you’re not the baker and you don’t ice the cupcakes yourself, but the icing is the best part of the cupcake; a slightly stale cupcake can get away with being stale, if the icing is to die for; vanilla icing could be satisfying but again, chocolate would have clearly, been the wiser icing choice; as well as choosing cupcakes which were “fully” iced; the baker’s icing style has much to be desired because the baker did not ice to the end of the cupcake, to the cupcake paper edge; icing is the most imperative aspect of a superb cupcake, perhaps, in the future, when you visit this cupcake bakery again, you will choose cupcakes with more icing; while the icing was delicious, there was far to little of it.
I’m no cupcake expert, but I know what I like when I taste it.
1. Bobbie Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 – $55.00 – Sephora – Bobbie Brown Skin Foundation is one of the best foundations I have tried in a long time. I wanted a foundation that looked like my skin but still covered blemishes or redness. It is exactly this that Bobbi Brown promises: ” [a] truly modern foundation that offers invisible, weightless coverage that looks like skin, not makeup.” There are 20 different shades of this foundation to choose as well. This is great for me because I am often lighter than the lightest foundation colour many foundation lines have. So, with Bobbi brown I was able to choose their lightest colour 00 Alabaster. Moreover, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is a ” long-wearing formula [that] evens [skin] tone, minimizes the appearance of pores, conceals imperfections, and offers broad-spectrum UV protection. Its hydrating technology leaves skin feeling cushioned, comfortable, and clean.” It also leaves offers a light-medium coverage and is ideal for all skin types. I absolutely love this foundation and will continue to use it as my everyday foundation of choice. The only bad thing I can say about this foundation is that it is a runny. But a quarter size amount will cover your skin and hide any imperfections despite how light and runny the foundation is.
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – Sephora – $35,00 – I was looking for a concealer
similar to Lancome’s creamy concealer but not as prone to cause oily skin. NARS creamy concealer is a bit cheaper and it works just as effectively to cover blemishes, highlight skin, and cover under eye circles. It also comes in 10 different shades including a really fair ivory colour for me which is even lighter than my foundation. Sephora describes it as a” [a] creamy concealer with hydrating, multiaction skincare benefits and light diffusing technology to create a softer, smoother complexion.” It is also hydrating and luxuriously smooth, it layers lightly for buildable medium-to-full coverage and a natural luminous finish. The multiactive botanical blend hydrates, firms, reduces redness, and strengthens the skin by helping its barrier retain vital moisture. It also ” delivers antioxidant protection to protect the skin against damaging free radicals.
Skin becomes visibly smooth, soft, and more even-toned. Mineral tone balancing powder works to optically correct, not mask, imperfections to keep skin looking flawless. A single stroke of Radiant Creamy Concealer keeps the complexion looking fresh and creaseless. It goes on smoothly, blends easily, and stays in place all day. Comfortable and hydrated, skin glows with new radiance over or under foundation and looks beautiful—even when bare” Additionally, NARS Creamy Concealer is free of Parabens, Pthalates, and Sulfates. I am definitely ordering this foundation again as it is less greasy than the Lancomes one and the colors are perfect my skin tone. Not to mention it helps to save a few dollars on a product such as concealer.
3. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner – Sephora – 8 0z. $30.00 each – When I first saw these products the number one thing that disappointed me about them was their size. For $30.00 I think you should be receiving a decent sized shampoo and conditioner but these were quite small and I imagine they will only last me until the end of the month. That being said, they are awesome shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo cleans very well and leaves your hair feeling so soft and the conditioner is very smoothing and conditioning and my hair feels soft and moisturized after I use it. My hair is not fly away and it does not take that much of each of the shampoo or conditioner to use in your hair each time. If it weren’t for the price per quantity I would buy this shampoo and conditioner all the time. And it does actually improve your hair over time as the bottle states. Sephora says that this shampoo and conditioner is ” [f]ormulated for all hair types, this product is oil- and silicone-free. PHD Shampoo and Conditioner provide superior detangling to traditional shampoos and conditioners. PHD Shampoo, Conditioner, and Styling Treatment regimen reduces breakage by 78 percent, making hair four and a half times stronger. This product is an Allure Best of Beauty winner.” So, it’s up to you on whether you would spend the money on this Shampoo and Conditioner or not.