Sharing my latest beauty box from Luxebox. It’s a beauty product box delivered seasonally. It was awesome when I started receiving the box a few years ago but this last year hasn’t been so good. But they have changed things up and redesigned the box.
The current Luxebox was packed prettily and filled with the wonderful items, the brands and items I signed up with Luxebox to receive. I hope it continues to surprise me with excellent makeup, haircare, and body care items.
If you are interested in Luxebox you can check out the Luxebox site here. If you’re Canadian the box is charged in Canadian dollars and if you’re American it’s a great deal as your dollar is higher. See below what I received this month:
This Delectable Cream is something Luxebox has given in several boxes I’ve received from them, in different kinds (hand cream, body lotion, etc.) But it’s the best cream ever and I’m never sorry to receive it. It smells wonderful and moisturizers well. It’s also expensive (for body/hand cream) so receiving a big tube of this is completely worth a third of the box!
I’m a bodywash person but I don’t mind a fruity smelling soap once in a while. This one smells great and hopefully is moisturizing too!
I’m a huge fan of this facial moisturizer because it’s so light, is ‘a gel.’ It’s moisturizing and perfect for summer because it’s light and not at all greasy. It smells divine and a little gel goes a long way.
I’ve been using this eye cream for a few days and it’s a nice cream. I’m not sure about the weird color but it’s thick enough to be a moisturizing, which is needed around the eyes. Like many eye creams, it takes time to see how they work. But I would never turn down free eye cream as it is one product I don’t buy as of yet. So far the product is good but not completely impressive as eye creams go . . . Yet 🙂
This is a dependable higher-end nail polish brand and probably worth another third of the box alone. I find with China Glaze the coats are thin so you do need to apply about four coats of polish before a topcoat. However, the color wasn’t for me so I gave this to my mom. This color suits her Autumn skin tone much better than my winter skin tone.
Only tried this mascara a few times. Basic black mascaras are a dime – a – dozen and this one is fantastic as it is a basic volumizing formula with a volume- providing brush. I still have to use waterproof mascara overtop but it’s neverva bad thing not to have to buy new mascara. I do love that it’s cruelty free.
This product was just what I needed but didn’t want to buy. I don’t wear red lipstick often but when I do, a red lip liner pencil is essential. If you don’t use it to line and fill in your lips you can end up with clown lips. So, I was glad to receive this and it’s the perfect red for me, on the cooler side and not too warm.
I’m not sure if this is for a footbath or if can be used for taking a bath too? Either way it smells lovely and one night I’m excited to relax and try it out.
Yeah, my Spring 2016 Luxebox arrived today! Luxebox is a beauty box you can receive up to four times a year, or every season. You can opt for a regular Luxebox and have the items you receive be a surprise or you can choose to receive a limited edition Luxebox. I typically opt for the special edition as the products are often better and more towards the makeup end of the beauty spectrum. If you wish to receive Luxebox, you can try it even for only one season. Check- out Luxebox’s website here.
I got my spring beauty box yeah. There wasn’t too much in it but that’s because it was filled with more expensive makeup. Benefit is one of my favorite brands it is cruelty free, it is not full of harsh chemicals, and it is natural makeup. Plus, the packaging is so fun! Today I got mini’s of Poreperfect primer, eye cream, Benetint in red for lips and cheeks stain, They’re Real mascara, and brow gel.
1. Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Bar for Face and Body: The Best thing about this product is the fact that it is antibacterial so it stops acne from spreading on the face or body. It is also gentle on skin so it does not cause your skin to dry out. Although I do not use Clinique’s entire acne line I do use the Acne Solutions soap in place of the Type III soap for oily skin for these reasons. It also comes in a cleansing foam which is nice, but it runs out faster. For around $17 or $18 dollars this soap will last about 6 months.
2. Clinique New Turnaround Concentrate Skin Renewer:
The Clinique website calls the Turnaround Concentrate a
Fast acting exfoliating serum [that] instantly creates a luminous-from-within radiance . . . [and] works to optimise natural cell renewal, gently, continually, unveiling skin that’s brighter, healthier, more uniform. Becomes softer, younger over time.
I would have to agree. I love the Turnaround Concentrate not only in the serum that you can wear both day and night but also in the Turnaround night cream. My skin always feels softer after using this serum and I hardly break out since the serum premotes increased cell turnover on on my skin. Sells for around $50.00 but is well worth the price! ( See www.clinique.ca)
3. MAC Eye Shadow – A ” highly pigmented” eye shadow that comes in tons and tons of colors; colors that are matte, colors that are sparkly, colors that are luminous. It blends well, lasts all day, and is “really” full of pigment that stays on your skin. It sells for about $18.00 but can also be bought in a smaller portion with other shades and made into your own personal palette, which is a really fantastic idea – you can stick all your favorite eye shadows together, instead of searching your makeup bag for them.
4. MAC Eye Pencil – Any and all MAC eye liners in liquid or pencil form are great! All sell for around $20.00 and actually stick and stay to your eyelid. Though I did find that the pencil eyeliners wore off a little bit towards the end of the day, it was easy to reapply quickly. (see www.maccosmetics.com)
5.QUO Professional Make up Brushes – At Shopper’s Drug Mart QUO has an amazing line of makeup brushes (different from their regular line) that are absolutely fantastic. The bristles are made of “natural” and “synthetic” fibres that apply makeup well and stay soft even after washing. The brushes wash out well with brush cleaner or even just shampoo and retain their natural shapes without losing bristles. They are a bit pricer around $25.00 to $40.00 but are completely worth the cost as they will not need to be replaced for a very long time. Applying makeup with is like painting; they handle very well. ( See http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Beauty-And-Body/Brands/Quo/Collections/Brushes.aspx)
6.OPI Nail Polish – If you haven’t used it already its the best stuff. OPI Nail polishes have extremely good pigment, so it takes less coats to cover your finger nails and toe nails. Also, I have found that I have had bottles of it for 2 or 3 years and the nail polish has not seperated, and is just as good as when I first bought it. Usually, it sells for about $12.00 a bottle but I have gotten deals for it for $7.00 a bottle if you buy three. I also find that I would rather have 1 or 2 really good nail polishes then a whole bunch of not so good one’s that flake off all the time and take along time to get the correct color saturation on my nail. (See www.OPI.com)
7. Tend Skin – Tend Skin is a great product that can be used after hair removal to prevent ingrown hairs, and razor bumps in particular. The Sephora website claims that Tend Skin is:
The solution for any cosmetic problem related to hair removal. Men can use it on their face, neck and back of the head while women find it useful on legs, bikini line, underarms and anywhere else hair removal causes razor bumps. Use in conjunction with shaving, waxing electrolysis or epilating. Caution: If you have an allergy to Aspirin (hives, itching) do not use this product.
It has been a great product for me and huge help, especially after waxing courser hair. Costs anywhere from $17.00 to $50.00 and can be found at www.sephora.com and at Merle Norman Cosmetics.
8. LOVE Fury perfume by NineWest – My new favorite scent from Ninewest smells sweet and florally and you only need to wear a little of it to get a good smell. (See www.ninewest.ca) Costs $52.00 or $63.00 depending on the size.On the ninewest website ninewest describes the perfume as:
. . . a mix of luscious fruits and decadent florals,blended with the warmth of seductively addictive woods, a truly intoxicating signature. 50 ml eau de parfum spray housed in a beveled-edge glass bottle with a black cap that replicates that heel of a shoe
Hope you like it and all these other products as much as I do!