Prompt: Tell us about the one luxury item you wish you could afford, in as much detail as you can. Paint a picture for us.
If there was an item of luxury that I could have… it would be hard to choose because there are things that are meaningful in various ways. Even the term ‘luxury’ can be debated. What’s luxury to me, may be only normal with someone who is used to having more money to spend. Or what I might have in my life right now might be very luxurious to someone who can hardly make ends meet and has to eat poorly and shop at the thrift store.
So here are my little list of luxuries I’d like to have:
1. A thick black Chanel wool coat that is cut to highlight the curves of a woman’s body but is made in away that it’s style is timeless and will fit me all my life. The wool does not pill and the coat is soft and comfortable. When I’m eighty-five years old this coat will still look good on me and still be quality vintage Chanel. This coat is thick enough that I can wear it when it’s minus thirty degrees Celsius outside (with a sweater) but thin enough I can pull it on in the fall and the coat is not to bulky. It should be classic couture.
2. My own luxury condo situated in or by the new ice district in downtown Edmonton. It will be a two-bedroom unit with a large master bedroom with a walk in closet by California closets with places to hang all my clothes winter/spring/summer/fall. It will have places to put my nice dress shoes, my high boots that I wear in Winter and Fall, and all my other flats, runners, sandals, booties etc. It will be a completely outfitted closet with drawers for lingerie, scarves, jewelry, sunglasses and many other accessories drawers. There will be a tall window in my closet so I can see how outfits look in natural light and a chase lounge to sit on or throw shirts on. Also, I will need a large unique mirror on one of the smaller walls.
In the bedroom will be a little sitting area next to a window where I can read on my IPad and study. The room will be painted light blue and feel cool, airy, and elegant. There is a king size bed that is so comfortable and sheets that are a soft cotton, duvets, and pillows that can be interchanged. There is a good sized his closet.
There is also a Master bath with a large tub, a glass tiled shower that is tall and double the size of a normal shower with a wooden bench. Their will be double sinks with lots or storage underneath with drawers for tiolatries and shelves for towels. Their will be a toilet that is a water closet. Of importance will be a dressing table (vanity) with a large mirror and much space for makeup, haircare, and appliances. The vanity is antique but repurposed. I would like a lot of the wood furniture to be painted and repurposed as this also environmentally friendly.
The house will have a kitchen with a bar that seats about six. It will have a lot of counter space and all the necessary appliances in white and light blue dishes with coordinating colors. I will have everyday dishes and some good dishes and bowls to make food in and present food nicely. There will be a cupboard only for food with lots of shelves which aren’t too deep. The sink will be a double sink with a faucet that is connected by a hose to come out and spray extra dirty dishes. And there will be enough space for two bodies to move and work in the kitchen btw every surface.
There will be an open dining and living room area. There will be large fluffy coaches that are still sleek and stylish. There is a lot of light from windows and tastefully done lighting throughout the condo. The floors will be wood, I think dark but not black and we will have some carpets over top of the wood floor in the living and dining areas. The dining table is large rectangular wood and painted white and all the rooms in the house are warm and inviting. Their are many pieces of colourful and meaningful art work all through out the condo. Some of it is expensive and some of it is not. It is artwork me and my guy chose for whatever reason.
At the dining table are comfortable chairs that can be reapholstered if I want in years to come. There is a classic Chandelier above the table. And somewhere in the living room is a well stocked bar cart. And there is space to put wine glasses for white and red wine, champagne, martinis, and water.
There is a large flat screen TV above a fireplace that is only for show. One of those electric ones. There are blankets and a few pillows on the couches so you can settle down at night and watch the hockey game or your favorite show. There is a patio outside the living room and patio doors which let in a lot of light. The patio fits a small patio set with comfortable chairs and one of those patio tables you can light a fire in. There is space for a BBQ on the patio.
The second bedroom is lovely with an adjoining bathroom with double sinks, a glass shower, and a tub. It has a queen size bed and crisp sheets and a warm duvet. The colors are warm and spa like. There is a small sitting area guests can sit and read or watch a small TV and a decent sized walkin closet.
There is also lots of closets throughout the condo for storage of various items. There is a good size armour for coat storage in the entrance and a bench you can sit down on to take off your shoes.
The condo is modern, yet timeless taking in old elements of style and making them in a new way. The whole style is relaxing and not too cluttered. It is cleaned by a maid once a week 🙂
3. I want to go on a vacation to Europe and stay in five star hotels with good food and a nice gym area.I want to go to France to Paris, Niece, Lion, and Capri. I want to visit Tuscany and some of it’s fruit and vinyards. I want to shop in Paris and see the Louvre a few times, and go a little ways up the Eiffle tower, not all. I want to eat at cafes and have tea and croissants. I want to dress up for dinner and try some French cuisine but no snails, fish or anything too weird. I want to travel with someone I love.
Spain would be nice to rent a villa for a week out on the white sand beaches and to experience Spanish culture in a couple of cities, Madrid and Barcelona. I want to visit Enfland and Ireland. Just the two capital cities, London and Dublin. I want to find out where my Great Grandparents were from in England. I want to go to churches and Abbeys, and Castles. I especially want to go to Westminister Abbey.
I want to go to Germany and Austria. I want to see where soldiers fought in wars and the devestation of a concentration camp, so I can always remind myself to never forget how horrible humans can be, and remind others too. I want to go where the Reformation occurred led by Martin Luther and John Calvin in Wittenburg. See Berlin and Frsnkfurt. And go where my family comes from in Leipzig.
Then I want to travel to Italy and see Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, and Pompeii. I want to see many historical buildings and art works. I would like to go to the Opera somewhere and I would like to shop. I would like to take in Italian culture. And lastly, I would like to go to Greece to Athens and Thessaloniki. I would love to see the ruins of Ancient Greece and Rome. I would like to go to the beach and take a boat trip on the blue water. Maybe this trip would be about six months I think.
4. I would like to be able to share or have a driver who would drive me around where I needed to go and my Mom too because she hates driving. He could drive a nice black BMW or an Audi.
5. Perfect skin and teeth.
6. I’d give this all up if I could be healthy. If I could not have mental illness or chronic fatigue. If I could think clearly and not wear out so fast. If I could not forget little things I now forget. If I could be fit and a healthy and able to take care of myself. This is a luxury worth infinitely more then anything I have described.
Quote: ” You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need” – RollingStones
©Mandibelle16. All Rights Reserved.