Today’s prompt song is “Paradise Circus” by Massive Attack.
“Paradise Circus” – Massive Attack
You feel the stone beneath your back, it’s hard.
Fall apart, lie ontop of it, and groan.
Felt in your deep bones, the cold wind it mares,
The tension starts drifting in and out, moans.
Unfortunate we’re far apart.
Our minds impart, shattered haste.
Playing games wait, we sin for heart.
Love in us cannot sate.
While time flies by, you wonder berate.
Have some patience, rumours arise.
Do not despise, our love it waits,
Us to but lose; we’ll surprise.
Lazily we move, we’ll time again prove .
Block demon’s soft soothe, a lie of our groove.
No demon guards love; God, love, he approves.
The kind that’s grown, realized with heart.
Love that is smart, patient, kind, never departs.
Where your whole heart is honest, though hard.
Dreams alight us both; we’re a work of art.
The LaJemme is a 5 stanza form created by poets Laura Lamarca and Jem Farmer. Meter: consistently iambic
1. Stanza 1, 10 syllables per line, Rhyme scheme abab, 4th syllable of each line is to rhyme with the end rhyme of the preceding line.
2. Stanza 2, syllable count: 8/8/8/6, Rhyme scheme cdef, with cross rhymes in each couplet on 4th syllable
3. Stanza 3, syllable count 8/8/8/6, Rhyme scheme gfdf, 4th syllable of each line follows the same rule as stanza 1.
4. Stanza 4, 10 syllables per line, Rhyme scheme hihi, 4th syllable of each line is to rhyme with the end rhyme of the preceding line.
5. Stanza 5, 10 syllables per line, Rhyme scheme abab, 4th syllable of each line is to rhyme with the end rhyme of the preceding line.
Please see Shadow Poetry for more information.
©Mandibelle16. (2016) All Rights Reserved.