Thanks to La Duchesse D’erat for hosting this week’s list prompt entitled, grocery list.
1. Spinach: Truthfully, I used to hate spinach and I’m not a huge fan of it cooked, unless you hide it inside lasagna or in chicken with goat cheese. Otherwise, I’ll take fresh spinach over lettuce any day.
2. Dark Green Lettuce: The darker, the green of the lettuce, the better it is for you. I think I buy Italian blend or something like that. I prefer it to romain lettuce.
3. Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing: My go-to salad dressing and it’s good for you because it’s a Vinaigrette not a cream dressing, the same goes with Italian dressing.
4. Italian Dressing: (See Above).
5. Whole-Grain Bakery Bread: I don’t eat much bread honestly. But I freeze it and unthaw a couple of pieces when I eat it for toast or with becel and a bit of strawberry jam on the toast. Bakery bread is a must, you can’t compare it with the stuff which is full of preservatives.
6. Large Eggs: Eggs are a great source of protein. I have them about once a day in an omelette, scrambled, or boiled.
7. Almonds (unsalted): A fantastic source of protein and the good kind of fat to eat for your body. 1/4 cup is a good serving size for me.
8. Pecans (unsalted): More expensive, but an awesome protein and wonderful to put in salads. They taste so good, I love them.
9. Milk 1%: I have adored milk since I was small. My parents used to call me their ‘calf’ but now I don’t drink too much of it. Maybe, an 8 ounce glass every couple of days or 1/2 cup in my cereal. Some people say milk makes you fat, after all it’s what causes calves to grow large and round. On the otherside, there are many studies showing how vital milk is for your bones and teeth because it has Calcium in it. Plus, the added vitamin A and D is beneficial, especially in winter when it becomes dark early. I hate almond or coconut milk, so I won’t be giving milk up. I should add, I am sensitive to whey as an adult so I have to be aware of of how much milk I drink and what brand.I couldn’t have to much milk and feel well anyways.
10. Greek Yogurt: They whey is removed from Greek Yogurt and it is one of my go-to’s for protein. It keeps you satisfied and is healthy for you. I like it with granola and fruit sometimes, mostly with fruit.
11. Chicken breasts: My meat go-to I like chicken breasts in salads, with little potatoes and roasted vegetables, (etc.) About 4 or 5 ounces is a good portion size of chicken for me.
12. Turkey bacon: Well, as many of us, I love bacon. Turkey bacon is healthier for you and still yummy!
13. Boneless Chicken Thighs: (See number 11, basically the same but tend to BBQ these).
14. Ground Beef: Not my favourite but a good meat to have at times in taco salad or to make into meatballs or hamburgers.
15. Marble Cheese: Just to have in my omelette or on a burger.
16. Green Tea: Every day I have two or three cups. I like the Starbucks brand, Spearmint and lemon by Tazeo.
17. Strawberries: For fruit salad in the morning with other fruit.
18. Oranges: (See 17)
19. Pineapple: (See 17)
20. Nectarines: Love them on their own actually. My favourite fruit!
21. Cherries: Good on their own as well. Delicious!
22. Red Wine: Have to go to the liquor store to buy it, but it’s always good to have a bottle on hand for company or a Friday night.
23. Asparagus: Steemed with becel.
24. Baby carrots: Raw about 1/2 cup.
25. Cauliflower or Broccoli: Steamed with becel, about 1 cups worth per person.
26. Dark chocolate: It’s a necessity!
27. Mini Pepsi’s: Also a necessity. Every once and a while I like one.
28. Raisin Bran: Sometimes I have for breakfast or a midnight snack 1/2 cup.
29. Becel: Less fat then butter.
30. Strawberry Jam: For toast, a jar lasts a long time.
©Mandibelle16.(2016) All Rights Reserved.