I have been loving Lush products lately. One reason is because they are all natural products and an even bigger reason I love using them is because they work well and are at a good price-point. I want to note that some of Lush’s products come in containers you can return (once you have 5) for a face mask. Just rinse them out and dry them then take them into the store for exchange. In the products I’m going to be talking about today both the Lemony Flutter and Ocean salt come in containers Lush can reuse. Here’s all the products I’ve been using lately:
1. Lush Daddy-O Violet Shampoo – $29.95 for 500 mL bottle – This shampoo smells lovely with a lasting scent of spice cookies. It is found in 3 different sizes and price points but I think buying the biggest bottle gets you the most for your money. It is a very dark purple shampoo for people with blond or grey hair and it keeps your blond and grey from looking brassy. Since it is such a dark violet you don’t need very much and you only need to use this a few times a week. You can use your regular shampoo on other days. Or if you’re like me you can use it every day to keep your hair soft and smelling great. I first received a sample of this at Lush before I bought a big bottle so if you’d like to just try it out first you can always ask Lush employees at the store for a sample first. But I think you’ll like it and be pleased by how long a large bottle lasts
2. Lush American Cream Conditioner – $29.95 for 500 mL bottle – I was a
little surprised at how great this conditioner is. I am very picky with conditioner as I need one that is moisturizing but won’t weigh down my hair when I curl it, for instance. This conditioner is medium strength but keeps my hair conditioned well and smells like strawberry and vanilla. It is a customer favorite at Lush and I love how my hair does not end up frizzy or heavy as some conditioners might cause it to be.. I completely recommend it as it also lasts a long time. I also think it is worth it to buy the big bottle over the smaller 250 mL and 125 mL sizes.
3. Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter – $16.95 for 45 g – My new favorite foot cream is Lemony Flutter. When I was in hospital I would wear flip-flops around and my feet were getting so dry. Although this product is called ‘ Cuticle Butter’ it works on your whole foot. It has a lovely real-lemon smell and softens your calluses and any dry skin on your body. I was really impressed with how moisturizing it is without being too oily. Although, it seems like you only receive a little container it goes a long ways and lasts quiet a while even if you are using it every couple of nights to keep your feet moisturized and callus free. Trust me, it’s worth the purchase next to any foot cream out there.
4. Lush Ocean Salt Self Preserving – $35.95 for 250 g – I like scrubs that smell great
and leave my body and face feeling soft. Lucky this scrub, works on both the body and the face and is mixed with fresh avocado and coconut to leave your skin feeling baby soft. You just take a handful of it in the shower and scrub your skin everywhere and voila you are set after rinsing off. There wasn’t any of the large size when I bought this so I just bought the 125 g size and I used it once or twice a week and it lasted about 3 weeks. Because of the type of product it is — sea minerals or salt — it is not the kind of product that is going to last you a very long time. So, you could argue you are maybe not getting your money’s worth. But I enjoyed using the sea salt for a treat for my skin. I wouldn’t buy it all the time but every now in then it’s wonderful and if you keep it for a long period of time it won’t go bad because it is self preserving.
5. Lush Sugar Lip Scrub in Mint Julep – $9.95 for 25 g – I actually purchased this lip scrub before Christmas when my lips were dry and there was lots of dead skin on them due to dry winter weather. The lip scrub is basically made up of sugar with a few different types of oils and peppermint flavoring in mint julep. It comes in other flavors such as bubble gum, honey trap, and popcorn for your enjoyment. Basically you pick a bit of the sugar mixture up with your finger and spread it on your lips. Then, you press your lips together and rub them together to get the dead skin off of your lips, then you simply lick away the remaining sugar off your lips and put on your favorite lip balm or stick. Your lips are left smooth and feeling great! It lasts a very long time I have had the small jar for about six months and I still have half of it left.