Desert Island

Daily Prompt:

We’ve all been asked what five objects we’d take with us to a desert island. Now it’s your best friend’s (or close relative’s) turn to be stranded: what five objects would you send him/her off with?

If my relative was stranded on a desert island I would give them these 5 objects: a machete, a water canteen, some blankets, a way to purify their water so like little capsules that did that, and soap with sunscreen it it. I’m going to assume for this situation sake, that none of the items I gave my relative ever run out, especially the tablets that purify the water, and the soap with sunscreen in it. A machete would be for chopping through jungle growth, cutting down leaves and branches to make a shelter, cutting up wood for a fire, and for hunting small animals for dinner. The canteen would be for putting purified water in of course and the soap with sunscreen would protect you from the sun and keep you clean because I don’t know about you but I would hate to be so dirty all the time for a long time. Also, the blankets would keep you warm by the ocean at night. I’d like to also include a big box of matches that don’t run out but I’m over my 5 items.


December Tidings

Happy December to you all. Are you like us up here in Edmonton? Covered in many inches of snow and just starting to come out of a cold snap that reached about -31 degrees Celsius with wind chill? I shouldn’t be complaining I’m an Albertan and use to this season we have called Winter. It lasts 8 months after all, and 10 months if you look at last year.
Not to mention I have been able to remain snugly warm in my sweaters while others have had to drive and go about their daily business.
A plus side for me to being constantly ill. Additionally, I don’t have to shovel snow, nor would I be much use at it as it is.

But enough about the weather I’d rather talk about the fact I managed to finish my Christmas shopping 2 weeks ago when A was up and that combined with a few on line orders did the job. Most of my presents are in gift bags with tags and cards in my room and I just have to receive one last parcel and then I really am finished shopping, even for myself. I need to order a pair of tall boots and that will be my present to me since I have to actually get them made due to the fact I fit neither wide calf or extra wide calf boots; I am right in the middle. It will take a month to get those puppies made and believe me they will last me a long time.

I am going with my brother to this Choklat place on Whyte Ave tomorrow night. We will get to see how the store makes chocolate and then have a wine tasting with chocolate. Some of you might think that is too sweet of a combination but I think it is just about perfection; Choklat is putting together two of my favourite items. It was a Groupon event and I just had to go so I purchased a ticket for my brother and I and now I can’t wait. I think the process of chocolate making will be pretty interesting in addition to the wine and chocolate tasting.

Also, it turns out my 4 month Proofreading course is only a 3 week course. I have finished 1 module and have 2 more to go before proofing an exam worth 85%. It has put me into a panic but I will just have to memorize and study hard for the final. The other 15% is made up of online posts, just answering questions the instructor asks about the modules, that’s the easy part. But I will be pretty busy until those modules are finished December 9 and then while I’m studying for the exam that needs to be finished before December 23. I tell myself at least that’s another editing course finished and done fast. The next one, Copywriting, takes place in April.

Also, looking forward to finally seeing a rheumatologist to find out whether I actually have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I think it’s a good bet I do but that depends what the doctor says and what kind of testing he gives me. But at least another step to unravelling what illness or illnesses that have been giving me grief often enough. Not looking forward to seeing the sleep doctor so much as I think it’s probably time that I require another sleeping medication. Gabepentin has done the trick for a year but I feel it’s effects waning at maximum dose. It has me afraid I will get another medication that will cause weight gain or won’t help me sleep deep enough. A deep peaceful sleep cannot be taken for granted given its effect on your whole day.

I have also started my fourth UBlogging course with WordPress, Writing 201 long form writing. I’m not sure how much writing I’ll actually get done but I am interested in the information each day’s topic will provide. I’m trying to write a book and am stuck on Chapter 3. I just need to sit down at Christmas time and organize my plot line and then just write. I’ll put the chapters up as I finish and correct them to my best ability. But, it may take awhile until How Was Last Night For You starts coming together.

Thanks for reading!