Seeing as it is still close to New Years I thought it would be neat to make a list of things I am thankful for this past year, 2012. They are in no particular order:
1. My family-who does not care that I often do not have the patience to listen to them at certain times in the day and say nothing when I am too sick to do anything but lie on the couch that day. They make me feel useful even though I am sometimes useless.
2. My friends, who except me just the way I am. Even though I am not the busy energetic person I used to be, they still make the effort to invite me out, come to events I have planned, and they do not mind when I can only stay for three or four hours or that I need a ride home because I medically, cannot drive. They listen to everything I have to say and appreciate that I listen and respond in kind.
3. My dog, if you are going to be stuck at home half the time you need a dog to cuddle and love you just because. What’s more I have an interesting dog who likes few people (especially with curly hair – she doesn’t like poodle’s either), barks at everyone who passes the house, scares the FedEx and Canada Post people, and sits on me like she thinks she’s a lap dog.
4.For online shopping – I have discovered a whole discounted world of shopping with greater selection and websites to every kind of interesting thing you could need or want. As much as this has become something I need to control it has made Christmas and Birthday shopping easier. I have bought or researched unique items for myself and the important people in my life.
5. WordPress – the decision to write blogs has led me back into something I love – writing! This in turn has led me to writing articles for Flurt magazine weekly, and to researching Master’s programs for 2014. I hope to write more articles for Flurt and other magazines in the future.
6. For my residential interior’s program – I have 3 courses to go and have realized this is something I cannot do the rest of my life. It has led me to greater understanding of homes and decorating them; I understand that it entails a type of precision I will never have and taught me how to further organize my life. I will finish the program, but it will not bee my career of choice.
7. For Herbal Magic – although I have been stuck at 180 lbs for a couple months I have lost 11 lbs and learned how to eat a diet with small food proportions and be completely full. I feel healthier, my clothes fit better, and I never feel that gross stuffed feeling. I am confident I can lose another 10-15 lbs the remainder of this year.
8. For my boyfriend, even though we have a long distance relationship most of the time I am that more excited to see him when he is in town. When I freak out he tells me it’s okay and not to worry, he does not get mad at me. And when I tell him something’s bothering me he listens and adjusts. I am comfortable around him and he is hot! Despite our ups and downs he is the longest relationship I have ever had.
9. For my iPhone and iPad – which organize my life, and help me to remember all the activities I need to do. I can budget, take notes, write articles, jot down ideas, schedule appointments and even schedule rest time. I can read books on them, surf the Internet, and print off my iPhone/iPad. Best of all they both fit in my purse.
10. For God and all the people with more wisdom then I who have taught me that you can survive through sickness and tragedy; that people can handle more then they think and in turn help other people deal with their problems. They have taught me that I can adjust from the life I thought I wanted, to the one I have; that I am extremely blessed and stronger despite my failings; and that there are more people in this world that have things worse than I despite my health issues.
These are what I am thankful for in 2013, how about you?