Recently, I have been a bit of a well err, shopaholic. I am not sure why this is, there is just something about spring and summer fashion, the flexibility of what you can wear that makes me want to shop.Flexibility because of the nice weather. Not to mention that you can still get some great deals from early spring sales that will be perfect for fall weather. Another factor for me seems to be the frustration of not receiving the packages I have ordered in a timely manner. I have ordered a few things off of www.modcloth.com and www.eberjey.com and have yet to receive anything; in turn, this makes me want to order more for some reason from other sites that will send my purchases on time. My last purchase has been off of http://www.gapcanada.com , a pair of jeans (straight and longer so I can wear some new heels with them and a cardigan in bright blue) and that was today. But I have decided this has to stop. There will always be sales, and 20 %, 30 %, even 40 % off. There will be things I absolutely love that I cannot buy because you cannot spend all your money on shoes, clothing, jewelry, and makeup. Not to mention I am going to Las Vegas in a month which means, yes, more shopping. So my goals are 1) Do not shop anymore until Las Vegas 2) In Las Vegas I can only spend $300.00 at the very most shopping. Goal number 1) will be difficult given my boredom lately and love of online shopping, there is just such variety out there, and if you know how it is going to fit already…. And number 2) I think $300.00 (and it’s what I saved up for Vegas shopping) should be more than a sufficient amount to spend for 5 days – although I have found that once you start shopping in Vegas and find all those unique Vegas deals and items it can be hard to stop. But realistically, I will probably find one dress I like and a couple t-shirts. Usually I find it is better to shop at home ( in Edmonton we have first class shopping at West Edmonton Mall, online, and several of are smaller malls) so I do not regret my rash of shopping this past couple months. But I do strive to maintain some more self control when it comes to shopping the rest of this summer. After Las Vegas, I am good until September, that will give me a chance to replenish my savings too.
All this being said, I wanted to share with you some of the items I have purchased over the past couple months.Here they are as follows, and please do not judge:
1. Eberjey – Giovanna Fashion Collection/India Collection – This is not exactly what I bought. I got a Cami in the same color and some shorts to wear to bed, as well as some lingerie that looked just like this but in black.
2. Modcloth – I have gone a little modcloth crazy and have bought a pair of heels, a bathing suit for my trip, a dress, and a summer top. The shoes match the dress which has some ivory knit lace on the back and the bathing suit does have matching bottoms.
4. Etsy Jewelry – I got a lovely blue peacock colored stone necklace, a pearl bracelet, and a matching pearl necklace to that bracelet.
5. Gap Canada – A pair of Real Straight Jeans and Dolmen Sleeve pocket sweater; both at 20% off.
So here ends my shopping frenzy. I am strictly on a diet of budget only spending for the summer (with the exception of Vegas) so wish me luck! And maybe, you will like a few items I found to compliment my spring/summer wardrobe and wisely spend a few dollars on one or two. Do not go all out crazy like me. Enjoy!
- Wish List #Shopping (SA-Shopaholics Anonymous) (misstiktik.com)